The Breaux Bridge City Council has elected to contract with Pelican Waste Services to provide garbage collection services for the City’s customers. This new contract will take effect on April 1, 2018. Please read the following carefully.
- Collection services provided by Pelican will not change. We will have weekly garbage and recycling collections…and bi-weekly collection of debris and bulk items.
- The collection schedule will not change. Your current pick-up days will be the same pick-up days with Pelican
- You will receive a 96 gallon brown garbage cart and a 65 gallon green cart for recycling
- Customers wishing to purchase service for a second garbage cart can do so for a one-time payment of $65. To request your extra cart call 337-907-6686
- Your new carts will be dropped off at your location during the last week of March. Please continue using your old cars through the end of March. Republic will not empty the new carts.
- Your old (current) Republic carts will be picked up at the end of March Place them at the street for this purpose.
Should you have any questions please call 337-907-6686 or contact one of the staff members at City Hall (332-8304) for help. We will do our best to transition to the new garbage service as smoothly as possible.