PROCEEDINGS OF A SPECIAL MEETING OF THE MAYOR AND BOARD OF ALDERMEN OF THE CITY OF BREAUX BRIDGE HELD AT THEIR REGULAR MEETING PLACE, THE CITY HALL, 101 BERARD STREET, BREAUX BRIDGE, LOUISIANA AT 11:45 A.M. ON FRIDAY, JANUARY 18, 2019.
Mayor Ricky Calais called the meeting to order, the Pledge of Allegiance and the Invocation were recited.
Present: Ryan Breaux, Ernest “E.J.” Ledet, Neil Melancon and Eddy LeBlanc
Absent: Scotty Borel
Upon motion of Neil Melancon, duly seconded by Eddy LeBlanc and unanimously carried, the Board of Aldermen adopted the following resolution for the Purchase of Used Equipment.
Resolution for the Purchase of Used Equipment
Whereas the City of Breaux Bridge follows the Public Bid Law contained in Title 38, Section 2212.1 of the Louisiana Revised Statutes; and
Whereas R.S. 39:1554 authorizes political subdivisions to adopt any part of Title 39 and accompanying regulations regarding purchases; and
Whereas Title 38 makes no provision for the purchase of used equipment without following the Public Bid Law; and
Whereas R.S. 39:1600 provides an alternative method to purchase used equipment without the necessity of a public bid if the purchase of used equipment is cost effective; and
Whereas, the City of Breaux Bridge has immediate need of a high-quality Sludge/Vacuum Truck and placing a ford bid for a used vehicle is impracticable;
Now Therefore, let it be resolved by the Board that:
- The City of Breaux Bridge may adopt and utilize Louisiana Revised Statute Title 39, Section 1600(C), for the purchase of a high-quality, used Sludge/Vacuum Truck, as it has been determined that the purchase of the equipment used is more cost effective than the purchase of new equipment.
- The head of the department which will use the equipment or the procurement staff assigned to purchase the equipment shall certify in writing to the Mayor the following as required by Rule–Title 34 Section 901B of the Louisiana Administrative Code:
- the price for which the used equipment may be obtained; and
- the plan for maintenance and repair of the equipment and the cost thereof; and
- the savings that will accrue to the town because of the purchase of the used equipment; and
- the fact that following the formal bid procedures set out in the Public Bid Law will result in the loss of the opportunity to purchase the equipment.
- Where such a certification is made, and upon approval by the mayor, the purchase may be made of a high-quality Sludge/Vacuum Truck for an amount not to exceed $130,000.
- This resolution shall remain in effect until the desired piece of equipment is delivered.
And the resolution was declared adopted on this the _18th_day of January , 2019.
Upon motion of Ernest “E.J.” Ledet duly seconded by Ryan Breaux and unanimously carried, the meeting was adjourned.
Ricky Calais Kristi LeBlanc
Mayor City Clerk